Welcome to a music review on 6 Wheels: I’m now reviewing underground projects to give constructive feedback and to gain more eposure for the underground. This can only be as big as you make it, so sharing is caring! Help me help you. And if you’re interested in a music review, leave a comment below after you listen to Year of the G. Born in 1991, in New York, Jeff Pegno lived all over the place until his high school years. He started listening to rap music in his teens, listening to Eminem, 2Pac, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Ludacris, OutKast, and Nas, amongst many others. He first picked up a microphone and wrote a rap for fun but soon got more confident in his work and began to take it more seriously. Under the name J-Pegs, he put out mixtapes for his friends to hear, which quickly turned into going online with his music. He linked up with a local group, Rooster Gang (Later known as Rebel Gang) in 2010, and the group became well-respected by those who heard them. You didn’t know? 2015 is the year of the G, so let’s listen.
The tape starts with straight fire on 1991 to Forever. My favorite line was "Kid that's Grade A and you ain't even over F." I like how J Pegs pay tribute to the classic hip hop tracks like 'Juicy' and 'Straight Outta Compton'. PGOD has J-Pegs going hard and marking his territory. The line that stuck in my head was "You ain't shit no matter how many times you shitted. Some things money can't buy but I'm good with wealth." On Broker's License, J-Pegs tells us all why he raps, and gets us ready for the future. No Idea is the realest song on the tape and I've heard since SlaughterMouse, as J talks about fake friends and jealousy. FLUDD is a straight message to all of his adversaries. "We ain't got nothing to say so I move in silence." See What I See is a dope track towards people who constantly keep up Facebook drama. I hate them too J-Pegs. "If I put my key in her ignition- I bet she'll want a remix". Have You Seen has the best hook I've heard in a while. For A Boss is a great stripper album, now I understand why J is a part of the Trippy Gang. "That's why I keep my wallet fat for/ Why during the day I act poor". Cap is a great party track- "My cup is giving me wings- no Red Bull." Bars!!! Ride out to this one y'all when you're going out to the club. Toonami is straight killing. This side is a straight shot to the competition- "Acting like they the shit when they talk out of their asshole/Ain't got nothing really except a fast flow". Air to the throne is a perfect way to end the tape. "Rappers are two-faced, so ironic that I can face them." "Can't see you as part of my family, we just had relations". Miles G2G done an excellent job on the production for this tape.
Overall, I give the tape an 8 out of ten. I wasn't really feeling the first half of the album, but started to like it more after Broker's License. My favorite song on the album are between No Idea and FLUDD, because I love when artists keep it real but I also hate it when people keep up Facebook drama. What do you think? Which one is better? My favorite line was the R. Kelly ignition line. You can check out the tape for yourself here
https://j-pegs.bandcamp.com/album/year-of-the-g-side-a , leave your opinions and don't forget to share so the underground can grow together. Peace
Luv!! Gonna share Side B with you when it drops as well fam
ReplyDelete